Thursday, August 2, 2012

A New Favorite...

I bookmarked this gathered clutch tutorial from Noodlehead months ago and finally had a chance to try my first attempt last week (okay - I'll be honest, I was terrified and intimidated by zippers and it took me this long to finally get over this unnecessary fear - really zippers are easy).

A few clutches later... (see zippers can't be that bad if I made more than one)


I love how this pattern allows you to play with different fabric and color combinations.  The left clutch might be a favorite - who doesn't love a good polka-dot fabric?

While there is a tutorial online to create a similar clutch, I went ahead and purchased the pattern because it came with directions to add card holders and a divider inside, as well as the wrist strap and rounded bottom corners.

Already I am daydreaming about different versions - perhaps using one print fabric for the whole thing  or maybe two solid colors for a more elegant look...  I also think the tutorial version would make a great pencil pouch to take with me back to school in a few weeks. I also can see some future birthday or Christmas present possibilities with this one...

So far this clutch makes the perfect purse to carry everything I need for a quick outing around town - and the bright colors make me happy while I do it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment