Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Another Summer Show and Tell and Easy Half Square Triangles


I love the bright colors in Jenn Ski's Ten Little Things fabric line - they make a great combination for a little boy.

This quilt was made up a 80 half-square triangle blocks.  And while the quilt design was my own creation, I did find a great trick on how to make 4 half square triangles at once from a couple of online tutorials from some great blogs.

Amy Gibson at Stickery Dickory Dock has a fun blog and she has a tutorial for these easy half square triangle (and many other great tutorials you should check out).

Also, the Missouri Star Quilt Company has a video tutorial for these half square triangles too.

While my layout is one possibility for how to use these blocks in a quilt - there are some other fun layouts as well.  I might have to play some more with these blocks to see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment