Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Show and Tell - Gracie's Quilt

Summer has been flying by and it is hard to believe that August is almost here already.

I have been able to put together a few baby size quilts over the last few months that I thought I would share here over the next few days.

The first quilt was made for a very special little girl who was born to some friends of ours this past April.  We had the chance to hold and cuddle Gracie for the first time yesterday and she is as sweet as can be.
Monkey 3 helped with some photo shots

The pattern I loosely followed is from a Missouri Star Quilt Company YouTube video titled, "Double Slice Layer Cake Quilt" (I love Jenny's tutorials because they are full of quick tips for making some really cute quilts).


The fabric is "Indian Summer" by Zoe Pearn Designs for Riley Blake.  I was able to find a minky fabric from the same line - so the back is very cuddly.

Because I've never used minky before, I went with straight lines using my walking foot.  The end result was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment